Friday, May 05, 2006

she said yes!


she said yes!, originally uploaded by zen♫.

Last night we had Helen’s sisters over, Rebecca and Carolyn. Helen made a beautiful salmon and spinach meal which we ate outside on the porch with birds singing. After dinner, during the talk of childhoods and laughter, I got on my knees next to Helen’s chair and told her how much I adored her and then asked if she’d marry me. Her sisters bolted upright and thought I was kidding, but I was offering sweet Helen this ring.

Helen was not expecting it at all and was still ogling the ring when I continued, “But wait! If you act now, we’ll throw in this pearl necklace, pearl earring and bracelet set,” and put the Zales boxes in front of her. I would’ve thrown in Ginsu Knives if that’s what it took, but she kissed me and told me she loved me, and “yes.”

3 comments:

Gordon Smith said...

Congratulations!!!

It's a beautiful ring.

Anonymous said...

We write our personal histories in the wind that we create by our small movements.

All is well with the world for I have been freed.

Johnny Donutseed

mygothlaundry said...

Congratulations you two!! That's fantastic!!!!